Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year and Those New Year Resolutions

I have one major New Year's resolution.

To rediscover myself..

My plan is to do the following.


  • To write more and I figure since I am in front of the computer more and more that this would actually be easier than the traditional journal.  I used to love to write when I was in high school and college.  When I had more time to be reflective.  My writing was always about life and my observations of it either through poetry or prose.  I have missed writing and am going to try to my hand at it again.
  • To keep a gratitude journal.  I plan to write down at least one thing that I am grateful for each day.  Now this should go without saying I am extremely grateful for my family, friends, career, and life.  I want to find those everyday things that make me smile and say thanks.
  • To carve out time for me in my busy life.  I think this will be the hardest to do with having a husband, 3 kids, and 2 dogs to care for as well as working full time, but I have to do it.
So join me on my journey of rediscovery and let's see where we end up.

2 comments:

  1. It's ironic to me that you posted this today. I feel like I have forgotten who I was, that's why my New Years resolution is to get back to running. It's something I do for me & me alone and while I am out there huffing & puffing I am thinking or zoning out but feel so much better about myself. Good luck with your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Denise!!! I'll look forward to keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete